How to Avoid Over Promising and Under DeliveringJan 25, 2017
I’m absolutely pumped about today’s video.
It’s about the big dilemma of overpromising and under delivering that affects so many of us for different reasons.
We overpromise because we’re worried about what other people think.
Sometimes we have doubts about being replaceable and being surpassed and this causes us to overpromise.
Many of us are nervous on the job because we haven’t been trained properly but we think we should be able to do more and, as a result, we can overpromise.
On the video, I will be talking about:
- One simple thing you can do to take tremendous pressure off yourself when you feel you have to say “yes” to some more work but yet know that you won’t be able to deliver.
- The #1 mistake most people make when they are asked to take on more work than they can deliver on (and how this affects your career).
- Four questions you must ask to ensure you get the help you need when you are under-resourced.
- “Ignore at your own risk” red flag that is essential to identify before taking on extra work.
- The secret to performing work that is outside your skill range.
I look forward to talking to you soon.
Live Your Life and Make Your Difference.
Fear of failure is something that many of us experience. To learn how to let it go, get my Cheat Sheet here.
Each person's experience in life and at work is different, I'd love to hear about yours. Please leave me a comment below!
Don't miss a beat!
New moves, motivation, and classes delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.